Friday, March 20, 2015

At the moment I'm setting up a

work from home job (wfh). They just need to test my internet speeds. I'm getting 20 download milo-bits per second. Its not bytes its bits and 5 mbps upload speeds. I hope its enough to do the job.

If I would have known about this work from home job last year when Malatest cut my hours I would have done wfh when projects slowed down and balanced out the two. It would have saved me all kinds of grief last year and this year. I always for some reason, equated wfh jobs to be like where my wife works, based on 1-2% commission. This still might be like that but I'd be calling a tap source and I still don't know if its a guaranteed wage. My contact said it's minimum wage and performance bonus. I'm sure that's how it goes or if I meet my line hour then its wage etc. I'm sure that's the format. If its a straight minimum wage if I meet my line hour, I'd still do ok. I'll know more about this Tuesday.

Earlier I learn that ETS this weekend is shutting down the lrt (again). The city is getting ready for the Metro line handover from Thales Monday. Then its 4-6 weeks of training for the  operators. I'm thinking the Metro line could be up and running by the May long weekend. In theory.

Just as I was checking out a YouTube video about 10:40pm my computer went dead. Wtf? Other lights dimmed out. We were running on 50% power. Anne buzzes to get in and explained what happened: All power South (our side) of 137th went dark, and within the last 3 hours we got dumped with about 2 inches of snow! Our usual Spring snow storm. 
So lets recap: Lrt shut down this weekend, power outage, water shut off for today. Situation normal.

Still no word about my ei claim but its only been 3 weeks  now, My roe says a shortage of work, then vilified me in my notice of termination. The only thing that might save my ei claim is the shortage of work and the my roe start date claims April 2011 when I started and the fact that I haven't been on ei since the year 2000. I was at Xentel 2011 and I mentioned this to ei. If I get this work from home job, I might just abandon ei and keep the home job until pension kicks in and do both. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment