Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Strap in and buckle up this could be a long and bumpy ride so here

we go. This could be a long one.

The computers at the ea were off line yesterday. They wanted me to go to aw and apply. I had a long wait for the #16 express bus between the Matrix hotel and Corona station. It was a cold, howling bitter wind that morning my friends in the midst's of a expected cold snap. Now, I could have applied at the aw on 105th and about 103rd street but the Northgate location was closer to my area. The #16 express bus goes right to Northgate and I was downtown anyway. Aw admittedly were slower then usual so I was able to see someone right away but apparently we did not qualify for income support. We have no children. I tried calling ea back but all I got was vm. I left a message of course. I went to pcn in hopes that maybe if my pharmacist had a cancellation while I was there he could take me in because I'll be back in 2 days but no such luck. I was however able to get wifi in the mall (new feature?) and I Googled a phone # of a job lead and went to pcn and used the phone. Reception at the job lead said they had a change in management (Surprised) The lead said yes they were still hiring and I could email my resume`. I worked with them a few times before over the years. The lead said I could follow up in a couple of days or they'd call me back. I asked somebody at pcn where there was a Tim's and they said right above them in the food court (opened in November). I went upstairs and got my first coffee of the day, and tried calling the ea again but just got vm. When I got home I explained to Anne what had happened. There were some tensed moments but she took the expected news as well as she could. Its not like I get "fired" everyday and between the both of us we'll have at least 70% of our rent on Friday. We're caught up in bills and have enough food in the house, so we're more or less ok. I was able to get my resume` out to the job lead so I hope they have for review it today and either I'll get a call Wednesday/Thursday one way or another.

We're both relieved in a way that I'm out of Malatest. Last month my scheduled hours were removed because projects were winding down. I probably could have opened up a ei claim based upon that alone, shortage of work. Right now before Anne and I can move forward we need that roe. They should have had it ready for me when they terminated my employment on the spot but they have up to 10 days to get out in the hands of the ex employee (me) It's not like I was late everyday or called in sick or kept ducking in and out of shifts or dressed bad or smelled bad or poor work ethic or anything like that. For the most part I met my expectations. They sited I was disruptive (asking supervisor questions because I was pulled from the project the first time I did it 2 years ago because I was new to market research at the time. Its a once every two year project) I caused a bit of a scene when my hours were being significantly reduced (I was under a lot of stress. My supervisors know I'm diabetic and my blood sugars were dropping) that one time last month and poor performance (on the new project they did not seem to take into account my work ethic during the last 2 years). The first day of Victoria's flagship project we were told to push the online version of the the survey, they were not expecting many completions. I had a scheduled day off this time last week and returned Wednesday. I screwed up on 1 survey but (It was coming back to me) caught on and I think I did a better job from there on the rest. I didn't code a few things properly later in the day. The following morning is when they fired me parting ways as "willful dismissal." I think that was a bit extreme. They could have pulled me off the project or suspend me. My boss wasn't there to defend me (he hired me originally). I probably could have put up a more of a fight but I suspect the results would have been the same anyway.

Anne made me a great burger and fires for supper while watching wrestling and she noticed a "Great clips" ad up there by Walmart had a 50% off sale ending today. A hair cut for $10. (those were the days) So we braved the icy side walks, howling wind to "Great clips." I needed a haircut anyway and I'm glad despite the bitter cold, we went. I could catch up on wrestling during the encore 10pm show. At 11pm Anne made me a light supper I watched what was left of wrestling, which led me to 1am. Anne said, don't do anything today (Tuesday) give the job lead a chance to review my resume` and go from there. I got my last pay stub in my email. I'll wait until Friday for that roe, if not there I'll call the office and ask the manager where my roe is. Are they going to email it to me or is it out in the mail or what?

Monday was a kind of a good news bad news thing. I learned that as long as I don't list any employer as a reference they wont call that employer. Also I got another job lead from the ea if this one doesn't work out. I got a feeling it will though. If I can open a ei claim and get this job (its only for a few months (they become active again in September) I hope to take this customer service course that goes from June-September as ei will allow me to continue onto my claim and I can get back to work in September. That's the plan moving forward. If I can open a claim. Anne gave me a sleeping pill because I've been having a rough couple of days under a lot of stress lately. We might have to cut our cable down to basic cable and keep Internet. I don't watch a lot of TV anyway. I'm calling ea later today to see if the computers are back online. If so I'll be in tomorrow. I hope the ride wasn't too bumpy. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment