Sunday, March 29, 2015

What a shocker yesterday

morning, when I learned that Future Shop (FS) is closing all 65 of its national locations. FS and Best buy are the nation's leaders in consumer electronics and computers. Three here in Edmonton will be permanently closed, and some of them will be re branded into Best Buy. Best Buy bought out FS in 2001. Best Buy retains the FS store here in Clareview, Grant MacEwan, and St. Albert. The other 3 FS's to permanently close will be the West End (I used to go to that one all the time before I got married) Northgate (that's where I bought my iPod Touch last December) and Edmonton common. Its the end of an era.    

I'm an "environmentalist" when it comes to animals, the forest, overfishing, things like that. What I can't get is this flaky junk science of "climate change." I couldn't help mentioning this only because yesterday was Earth hour. With the global threat of those rouge nutcases making news every night in the middle east, it boggles the mind that some weirdo's are so enamored with "climate change" they can't see the forest before the trees. 

Update: Anne noticed while channel surfing this morning that the WWE network is now on our Telus "Optix" tv. Its $11.99/month but after deleting some channels (thanks to the crtc relaxing rules that favour the subscriber called pick and pay earlier this month) she doesn't watch anymore and now that I've got a job Tuesday, she ordered the WWE network. it now means today, we get to watch Wrestlemania 31. I think it starts at 4pm. If I had money I'd order my favorite pizza but we'll do that when the next pay-per-view wwe event comes out. "Money in the bank."

So Nasa wants to have astronaught's live in space for a year. It's the longest continuous stretch of time a astronaut will have been in space. It's an important stepping-stone on our journey to Mars. Its quite a mission. I don't know if I could be cooped up like that for a week little alone a year. I'm getting stir crazy just living in this apartment for the last month without a job. I'm looking forward to Tuesday. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment