Monday, March 30, 2015

From about 3 to 9pm I was

watching Wrestlemania kick-off show and a four our Wrestlemania after that. We were watching 6 hours of wrestling. 

I'm not sure if I want to use my old Acer laptop for composing music. The cpu isn't fast enough for music production and the hard drive is bloated. I'm not using a genuine copy of windows because the laptop was compromised with a virus about 3 years ago. The idea was if I could format the laptop, I might be able to recover the original Windows 7 Home Premium edition of the OS that came with the laptop. I'd have to go into the bios and mess with the settings. The thing is, I can't format the laptop because I don't have a original OS recovery disk. There is no way to format the laptop back to its factory default so I can recover the original OS. I searched YouTube and found no format solutions. I got to thinking, do I really want to use this old laptop for music production anyway? I can't see myself upgrading the desktop and or even buying another Windows license. Basically all I need is a synth with the sounds on board, convert them into wav files and sequence them on my iPod. I can get a computer monitor for about $100 at Best buy and hook it up to my iPod, no problem.  

This week I've got training for the job Tuesday, and Thursday night I have lodge. Friday I have a pcn appointment to get insulin, so if I'm ok as far as the job is concerned I've got a busy week ahead. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment