Thursday, March 19, 2015

I lost another job but

it was a job that I never got paid for. They tried me on for 3 days. The first (Monday) day I got no sales and I wasn't expecting any. Then the last hour of my first day they put me on leads. My job was to call businesses and ask if they would be interested in receiving a short email proposal. My 2nd day at Medlaw was to continue on with asking to send out email proposal's. They said to send them out regardless of weather the decision maker approves or not. Then after about 2/3rds of that day (Tuesday) I asked the boss if this was "legal," to get the email proposal's out as unsolicited email. He said no, I should be pitching only the decision maker. I probably could have got 20 out a day in that case. Sending out these emails unsolicited sounds like spam to me. So at the end of the day yesterday, the supervisor said my flow rate for leads was too low to keep me. Tha's ok. I couldn't see myself up at 6am every morning taking the 7am bus and then the train and the #5 and then transferring to the #3 up there by 107th and 124th street every morning. 

Out of working at Medlaw I got 3 job leads. I'm going to contact one of my other employers to see if I can start working from home. Its $11 hour. I'll be doing that today. The thing with Medlaw and Crime watch is at least Crime watch paid me. I'm glad I'm out of Medlaw or whatever its called. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment