Sunday, March 22, 2015

I'm off today but planning for my week ahead

in my ongoing quest for work. I've got a couple leads and I'm applying for some cash jobs, paid by the day. I don't mind pushing a broom 8 hours a day for minimum wage for the  next few days or even years. 

Speaking about jobs and stuff and due to the downturn in our economy, a lot of tfw's (temporary foreign workers) come April 1st of this year will be told to leave the country. This has been in the works for awhile now. There are of course hardship cases of tfw's that have since arrived here have become disabled or have other situations. They hope to be granted special status to remain here and for those people I feel for. This move will also open up lots of jobs for Canadian citizens. Apparently there are about 16,000 tfw's for example here in Alberta. 

All I know is I have 2.11 years to go until I can get full pension. Add that and living here with Anne and a small part time job is all I need. If I can get a couple of days cash jobs in the short term and If I can do that work from home job if its feasible long term until I get something stable, we should be ok. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment