Sunday, March 15, 2015

Anne called me from a

Telus pay phone on her way home at Rexall saying that there were about 70,000 spectators taking in the Red bull crash ice event downtown. The trains were being back logged. The Red bull event is where ice skaters skate down a luge type ice course made for skaters. It was a free event and with the warm weather it brought out tens of thousands of spectators. The lrt system had trouble handling that many people for the finale day of the event. From what Anne was telling me there hadn't been that many people on the trains since the first Heritage Classic that November 22nd 2003 over 10 years.

I was following a bit of the Flames/Ave's game working on a beat last night having a great evening. I had a nice couple of days off and when I'm on full pension, I'm looking forward to 3 days on 4 off. Thanks to Anne.

On my breaks at work since I'm on commission over the next few days next week, I'll be making phone calls sending out resumes. If I not on commission, no way I'd do anything like that. There's only about 6 people that work the phones in the office anyway. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment