Saturday, March 14, 2015

So for the first while at this

new job (3 days probably to see if I can sell) I wont be getting paid. That's ok because I'll learn my ei fate on Friday anyway, apparently. Beyond that, I don't know.

Its overcast out there and the sun is shining above the clouds somewhere. We got a high of +16 today but we're closer to about +14 now. Tomorrow Anne and I are going to Capital Pizza for her birthday treat, so it should be about +6 when we head out.

I was looking at the Vermona DRM1 Mk 3 drum machine yesterday. Its pretty a pretty slick piece of kit with 72 knobs in total divided between for the kick, snare etc. There's a line of knob controls for each instrument, Its rack mount piece of hardware with gate trigger inputs. This thing isn't cheap either on Ebay I've seen one for about $1000 per unit, but if I had the money...

Today is Pi day. Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant-the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter-which is approximately 3.14159. Why so special? The date is 3/14/15, the first five digits in the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Apparently the next Pi day won't be around for another 100 years. I've tagged this under strange stuff. You can learn more about Pi here.

Yesterday I did my first ei report online dated for the period before yesterday. Technically I haven't started a full time job yet and if I last beyond the week, I'll have to report it. Everything is done online now. Gone are the cards in a self addressed envelop mail days. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment