Wednesday, February 4, 2015

One of the most important projects

for Edmonton is the upcoming Valley line LRT (light rail transit) The city has set aside $800M for the project and Ottawa put in its share of $150M. With uncertainty over oil prices and its loss revenue the Province counts on to help balance its budget, there are fears the Province might renege on its promise its share of Valley line funding. The Province is promised $450M, through its Capita Plan and Green Trip initiatives over 3 years. If the Pronince balances the budget (March 19th) and the Valley line becomes the budgets sacrificial lamb, it could derail the future of this vital project. I'm hoping even if the Province does renege, the city should go ahead anyway and send the Province the bill for the balance owing. The City still has almost a $1B towards the Valley line. It's going to take about 4 years to complete phase 1 anyway and by the time the Valley line even completed a lot can happen between now and then. The budget will be before a Spring election April 1st. If the Province reneges on this, I will not be voting PC that's for sure.

We're getting a couple of snow days this week, Thursday and Friday. and then by this time next week we're warming up to about +1. That's not to bad to take.

I'm in the office for my 5-9 this evening. Then I have lodge Thursday, work Friday 5-9 and all day Saturday. I'll get a clearer picture of what next week will look like. I'm looking at a work from home situation just to fill in for missing shifts, only if it makes sense. If I can make $50-100 a week, this might have possibilities. Especially since I could use the extra cash flow. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment