Thursday, April 2, 2015

Having five days off is a blessing and I'm going to

take advantage of it. I won't get paid for Friday but that's ok. If I last beyond the week, I'm doing something right.

My commute Wednesday included a pit stop to buy a lottery at the Redi mart at Clareview. At $35M, I couldn't resist. The snow storm was wet snow and I was at Corona Tim's at 3:20pm having a coffee and a double chocolate donut. I had a wait in the bus shelter by BP's, and I caught what I thought was the #5 but when it did a familiar detour off of 124th street facing West on 102nd Ave, I had a funny feeling I was on the wrong bus. I had a wait at the bus stop and my #5 came along and I was at work but I thought I was supposed to be in at 4:00pm. I thought training was at 4pm and the shift was 4:30pm-9pm. It's actually from 4-9:30pm. I wasn't alone, I was told the shift was from 4:30-9:30pm. I can site the snow storm and being new on the job. Not good for my first day on the job. I made up for it performance wise. Its not often with these kinds of jobs the company provides for a 15 minute break. The 9:40pm bus came in on time as well and I got to Corona station for a Clareview train about 5 minutes before 10pm. I got off that train at Bay station to meet Anne and home. 

Yesterday about 85,000 Alberta temporary foreign workers or tfw's received their deportation orders from Ottawa. I feel badly for a lot of these tfw's. Many of them want to live here but they need to work in Canada for 2 years and then reapply for later. Its got nothing to do with the economy or anything, it's just part of the overall immigration process.Its bad news for them but at the same time, it's bad for a lot of employers that depend on these workers. At the same time a lot of employers abuse the tfw system. Its good for us here in Alberta because the vacancy's provide work for people..  

I'm out of here about 2:20pm for Northgate pcn to get my insulin. Then Coles to get my Warhammer 40k Omnibus book that Audrey's couldn't order for me. After that its over to Wendy's for a bite to eat. The #11 bus at the other end of the mall from Wendy's will drop me off in front of my place. From there its clean up and head for Lodge. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment