Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A small mystery for me has been

solved: Directly across the street from us there has been a empty field since I've been here for the last 15 years. Now suddenly its being excavated for development. There's been heavy machinery digging up the place. On my way into work I headed towards Superstore on the shoulder of the street beside the gated off area. I noticed some idle construction workers and I asked them what was being developed. They said a Shoppers Drug mart is going in. Mystery solved. 

It was 25 years ago that the Hubble Space telescope was Launched. Hard to believe that was in 1990. I still have the original article in my diary at that time. I was still in my 30's!

Since Future shop closed its doors across the country and the one by our place a mobile sign has has been recently posted saying Best Buy opening soon. Now Anne tells me some near pristine property will be eaten away for more town homes. I don't mind the development but not at the expense of what little green space we already have.

Finally we had a nice warm day. It was +18 heading into work with a mild breeze. I had a chance to read my book enjoying some sunshine. Looks like Spring/Summer is almost here. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment