Sunday, April 19, 2015

Enjoying my Sunday afternoon and evening off

here today. That's what I like about working at this place. No Sunday shift and starting at 4pm Monday I get a bit of a weekend. I can also sleep in Monday morning and during weekdays. At least my cold seems to be about 90% on the mend.

I don't know, the Oiler's must have lucky horse shoes up the ass because yesterday with about a 11% chance of winning the NHL draft lottery, they get the #1 pick, again! Arizona and Buffalo had better odds due to their win loss record then the Oiler's at getting the #1 pick. Lucky or what? That's 4 #1 picks in a row. Unprecedented in the history of the NHL draft lottery. So this year the hype is all over Connor McDavid. The hype machine is saying this guy is a generational player like Gretzky or Crosby. Yeah right. It doesn't mean that's who the Oiler's will pick but that would be total folly if they didn't pick him at the June draft. The Connor McDavid sweepstakes is creating a lot of buzz around town this weekend. 

Anne and I were going to go out for a bite to eat today but the lrt is shut down and she has a few errands to go on anyway. Just as well as I wanted to check in on what's going on at Musikmessa 2015 this weekend. Europe's version of NAMM. Lots of great looking gear coming up. Roland is coming out with a modular AIRA type synthesis unit? Wow. So I'm glad we didn't go out today. Even though its +13, it doesn't look very warm out there to me. 

I filed for my ei claim February 26 and as of next Friday it will be almost 8 weeks since my claim has been filed with ei. The problem is (or part of it) with my last place of employment. They claimed on the roe I started April 2011 when I was still full time at iMark at the time working 1-9 Monday to Friday and Saturday. If ei can find any bank deposits from my last place of employment for 2011, good luck. Also, when I was working at Crime Watch about this time last year for 3 days before I got fired (as I submitted that roe to ei as well) The roe said I quit the job, which is a crock. If the claim is approved I'd like to keep the claim going without getting any ei money because I'm on a probationary period at the new job. So if the job doesn't work out I'll have the ei claim to fall back on as I look for something else. 

The downtown arena is progressing nicely. They put a huge adjoining truss between the egress of the winter garden and the arena this morning. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment