Friday, April 3, 2015

Some days are just golden

such as Thursday. These days are good news days. As days go I'd rate today on a scale from 1-10 a 8. Most days lately they've been meh kind of days.

I left out of here 2pm and I caught a bus to Northgate. I didn't need to wear boots. A bit on the cooler side but sunny. At Coles all of the Warhammer 40k Omnibus books were slightly over my $20 budget. I picked up a Star Wars "Legends" series books "Crucible."Happy with my purchase I went to see my pcn and my pharmacist saw me right away. I got 3 month supply of insulin. Happy about that I headed across the street to Wendy's and almost got ran over by a ets bus in the bus loop. My Wendy's was good but the bacon was a bit undercooked. I got the #182 to my place with about an hour to clean up and get dressed. I was out the door by 6pm and at lodge at 6:30pm to read on the steps in the sun. Kelly showed up and people began filing in. Even George Rockw... showed up after wintering in Arizona. Yet the big news

Displaying IMG_0356.JPG         .    

for me was receiving my past masters (pm) certificate. That's me in the centre of the photo. John Slade is our DGM and the guy on the right Kelly is our lodge master. Actually he's a pm and the one that presented this to me. I have a medal like what Kelly has but I must have taken mine off. I wasn't expecting this until about October. I still got the certificate and I haven't paid my lodge dues yet. I'll have it paid off before the end of May. After that I had a Sleeman's beer at the festive board. It was a good day. I'm going to sleep in until whenever.

George gave me a ride home on the tail end of a bit of a blizzard. It'll burn off later today. The only downer today was the Oiler's losing 8-2 over LA. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment