Saturday, December 24, 2011

around midnight I get to open

my gifts Anne bought me. There's no fun stuff its just cloths and things like socks and underwear, stuff like that. Stuff I need. I bought Anne an Olive Garden dinner and a Royal Pizza dinner for possibly New Years day if it's open.

Tomorrow, I'm relaxing taking it easy but I need to do a couple of things: First, work on my EA exam memory work as I'm doing the exam for the candidate upgrading to FC. I've done this a couple of times before so I know what to expect. Then I want to make some progress on my book.

Earlier I went and downloaded a demo of Sugarbytes "Turnado." It's got some possibilities. There's a lot you can do with it.

If this looks like my last year on my job (now that were doing this political stuff) I'm thinking about going to the call centre in the building. Its a credit card place of some kind and I'm thinking it pays a lot m ore money then where I'm working now.

I'm thinking about getting that Korg SOS but I also need a faster laptop for music production. I'm also looking at getting BPM from MOTU and Mach 5/3 but I need a fast laptop with more memory. When I go this 2 years ago, I didn't know I was going to get into music production.

I went to bed with a slight tickle to my throat. It's just a passing virus, nothing to worry about.

But if the job looks like its not going anywhere, then the credit card call centre is my next option. My last option is where my wife works at Pizza. At least its an in bound call centre. It has its moments but it can get kind of lax as well.I'd ask for Wednesday's and Thursdays off because this way I can go to Redwood Lodge Anne says that if I work full time the hours start at 11am. I can be off at 7pm. Actually Freemason's Hall is right behind where Anne works and I can go directly from there to Lodge. As long as I can get 38-40 hours/week.

What I like about Pizza is their hours are flexible. So say one day I want to work from 11-10 and go home with Anne and come in say on Lodge night and work from 11-6:00pm change get a bite to eat downtown and head out to my Lodge. But I'd arrange to have my 2 days off to be Wednesday and Thursdays, so this way that first week in the month I can go to Lodge normally. During the week because Freemason's Hall is right downtown, has it's advantages.

My current job looks like its going nowhere. I think a lot of people are are on their way out. But before it gets out of hand at my job and I they either let me go because the line hour isn't there or for example, I don't get my raise (promised last October 18 10 weeks ago) I think it's time to go.

So in the New Year, I'm going to check out the credit card company call centre (ccc). If I can get onto that and it looks good, then I'll give my company 3 weeks notice and leave. How I'll do this is work days at the ccc and work bare min part time at my current job for 3 weeks and leave under good terms. Assuming I can work at the ccc. If I can't get hired on, then there then I'm off to Pizza.

What I like about Pizza also is say after Lodge on a Saturday, I can go straight from there to the office. As long as I can get 8 hours/week, that's perfect. Also, there's no having to worry about when the boss is going to bring the checks on a Friday night because the checks are direct bank deposit into my account.

I don't mind at my job as long as I'm making line hour, then that's ok but I'm barely making that. To be fair to the company, this is the worst time of year to be asking people for money for political campaigns. But if I'm having the same kind of trouble in the New Year as I am I'm on my way out. I can read the writing on the wall anyway but I;m going to give the company a chance. If I'm having the same trouble in the New Year, then I'm paying the ccc upstairs a call and to put my name in. One of the people where I work said she will help me work on a resume and as soon as I get back, I'm going to take her up on the offer. She said all you do is "cut and paste" and take it from there. If I'm struggling for the rest of the week like I did the first couple of days, then I know my time is running out and I'll be dropping into the ccc with the resume and see what happens. If I don't get a call or an interview then I go to Pizza. At least there, I'll have work, more or less. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment