Friday, December 30, 2011

With my holidays almost over and with

4 days off, so in a sense its almost like a long weekend.

Despite having a cold and sick over the last 10 days I was able to watch some hockey get some reading done and sleep in a bit but all the coughing kept me awake lying down in bed. Lying on the couch I felt a little better. We figured it out that with the humidifier on keeps things warm and dry. I was able to get some sleep.

This morning I was up at 11:00am and out the door by 11:45am in my new coat Anne had bought me for Christmas. It was slippery out there from the freezing rain the day before. I got my pay check including the $150 bonus, which will help. I said my "Happy new years" to everyone at the office and headed out to Audrey's books. I bought my 20th book of the year, "Back to the moon" by Taylor/Johnson. I'll get to it eventually. I went up to my bank did my banking and after paying my ticket missed the first train back to Clairview. The trains were loaded with hockey fans enjoying the World Juniors. I got to my bus stop and as I was getting off there was Anne flagging me down. She went and got us an A&W burger combo. That was 7 hours ago and I'm still full. It was really good. I gave her a little extra because of my bonus money and enjoyed my burger/fries and watched the last 2 periods. Team USA/Chez. Finale outcome was Team USA 2 Chez 5 and tomorrow night is the Oilers and Anne is working all night from 7-9, yikes.

I'm a little bit soured on my Lodge dues. I know we voted on an increase but I didn't think the increase would be until this time next year. It's almost like a cash grab. Kind of cheesy the way the rammed it through, so I'm paying mine at the February communication. There are no penalties for late payment of dues. Other wise I wouldn't be able to take Anne out for our New Years Dinner tomorrow. I've also got it in my calendar Edmonton #7 (2nd Tuesday) at Freemason's Hall is having a crib night, so this is something I want to check out. More then likely I'll post Sunday January 1st. "Happy New Year" everyone. See you in the New Year. Anyway, that's about all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment