Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Short on topics this morning

as I'm a little stressed out over the new office but in another 2 hours, I'll be in there.

I was going to go to my bank this morning but I can do this latter on. All I want to do is check out the office.

We're supposed to have an all new computer system. Since we got computers to do the calling and the management aspects our calls, we've been using something called "Anzio." I liked it as it was clean and simple. Almost everything was done using the option keys. F1 called up the invoice details, which included customer name and address and how much they were going to give and the sale type XD was always a ticket sponsorship, X for a ticket, CT (contribution) D for donation. M for mail and F1 again if they were going to do this by a Visa or Master Card. V for Visa etc.Then you'd hit F9 to print and wait for the next call. What I liked about this was we'd often be able to chat with the customer if we found a common bond. Quite often I would hear Mr. Smith say, "I support the Shriner's." I ask back: "Are you a Shriner yourself Sir?" If they say yes then I announce my Lodge/Rite etc and we'd have a nice talk. I'd get into these conversations if I wanted to kill some time off the clock and had a decent total. But this new system isn't anything like the above. Apparently according to our unofficial tech guy everything is supposed to be set up by pages and we use a mouse instead of just pressing a key. So this part of the process is supposed to be a bit different. Watch, when I get started this afternoon, we're going to be doing CFK and everything will be on Anzio. The only big changes are no eating at my dialler and sharing bathrooms with other offices.

Getting to the office is a bit of an "obstacle course." previously in the Baker Centre, I'd get off at Corona station and then take the covered walkway beside the street sidewalk to the steps to the sidewalk further on up ahead of the block (helps to avoid pedestrians all heading to Tim's during lunch break on the sidewalk) cross the street up there by Jasper and 106th, turn right at the bank and walk down to the Baker Centre and through the doors. This new way, at the corner instead of turning right, I turn left and wait for the light too change and cross another street. It'll be ok at night.

Also, I want to scope out the place, find out where the lunchroom is, where the TVs are get a good seat so I can see everything or as much as possible. I'll need to find the bathroom, check out the store/kiosk there, find the cordless phone all of this should take like about 10 minutes. It'll be different. Anyway, a full report when I come back tonight. Anyway, that's about all for now.     

No comments:

Post a Comment