Saturday, December 10, 2011

The worst in all of

The worst of all this is I probably could have gone to Lodge this afternoon but right up until yesterday I didn't know we were only going to work just half the day, I would have worked last Sunday if I would have known this. That would have given me 37 hours in the bank on my next check and still have Sunday off because of the move and a 3 day weekend. Anne had the right idea, to start in the New Year and on the 17th, that’s what I’ll do.

At the moment we’re just about out of a full lunar eclipse. Anne said she was out there about 6am observing part it. It’s probably coming out of the penumbra part of the eclipse now.

This is the last time for me in the Baker Centre this morning. I had a lot of good times in that building. Our first Spring in the Baker Centre the Oiler’s we’re going on to win the Stanley Cup. I recall Moe putting little James up on the Coke machine and he couldn't get down. I've been hit on by a couple of people that were “after me.” Pledges was put down while we were in that building. I had a lot of laughs some good memories some not so good like the manager dragging me in to his office threatening to fire me and then a year later he was fired himself. Tuesday we’re in the Energy Square building but I’ll be going back and fourth to the Baker Centre to get Proline tickets, hair cuts and credit cards.

In yesterdays metro there was an interesting article on eBooks, so I thought I’d share some stats. Ebooks in our public library came on stream in June 2009. In June 2009 there were 5000 books checked out for ever eBook. In June 2010, there were 500 books selected for every eBook and this year there were 50 books checked out for every eBook at the Edmonton Public Library. Ebooks are really gaining in popularity. The thing about ebooks is the older titles aren't as accessible as the new ones obviously.

Today my last Tim’s breakfast at station 8. My last shift. Then at 2pm I’m heading down firstly on the way, on the same street, the 7-11 to get myself a 6/49 ticket and a bag of chips and then a Proline ticket for this evenings games, then over to LM to get my GP6 and from there over to Harvey’s to get a bit to eat and catch the #2 about 100 feet away there from Harvey’s to Corona station and then home. I should be home by 4pm, have a little nap and then download GP6. I’m going to upload $20 bucks to Pay pal as well today so I can order 3 sound banks. There’s 2 guitars and a bass sound bank I want.

Update: I got my Tim's breakfast and headed to the Baker Centre one last time (well for the job part). The first half of the shift wasn't bad. Tim showed me what the Korg Sound on Sound unit looked like. I was a but interested. The shift was going only until 2pm today but J got me the release form for my vacation pay (finlay). Management had a crew of helpers this afternoon pulling out furniture and and other stuff into a U haul out on the street. I don't know what I did sales wise, and to be honest I didn't care. I got Kingsley to take a photo of me (he was chancing it with management around of me with the clock behind me showing the time about 1:45pm. After work I headed out to Audrey's and took a look around. They didn't have anything for me. So I walked over to the 7-11 on 109th street. It wasn't bad at all. hardly feels like winter. I got a Proline ticket and a bag of lays BBQ chips for the game tonight and headed to Harvey's at the end of the block. Their West End location is bigger. I got what I wanted. I still think Wendy's is better. After lunch I worked my way over to the street to my bus stop and there was the #2 a few car lengths ahead of me. I got off at Corona and went into Tim's for a blueberry fritter but all they had was apple. No thanks. I caught my train to Clairview and the 3:35pm #183 came by right away. I was home about 3:50pm.

So now I have a couple of days off. Great. I could have (if I would have known) could have easily come in for 2 hours (34 hours on my next check) As it is I have 36. So, everything is set up for my vacation pay and my vacation, which I begin, December 24th.

Also, while at LM I asked about the Korg SOS and this is the next piece of hardware I want. It can even accept keyboards as well and record them automatically and load into any DAW but I probably wont be able to get this until the new year. Imagine this working with any VST! it has a lot of potential. Here's a vid on it:



Also what's cool about this is I can speak into it and capture that sound in an infinite number of ways and make loops of any sound. It's priced at $199. If I would have known about this over Sibelius 6, I would have take this.

Actually I'm kind of excited about moving into the new office and doing new campaigns, eventually. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment