Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I had a decent day

today.

We began calling the political campaign today as we had a fellow from our parent office give a talk. Very nice guy and knows his stuff. We didn't get to do any calling until about 2:30pm. The pitch is a bit wordy but simple enough. I had a nice lunch break even though it was kind of crowded in there. Anne provided me with a nice "Fireside" type frozen entre. In the evening I didn't get anything until after break but I got (with help from the 'trainer") a $235 sale and a $30 one after that, then it was time to shut off our dialer's and head for home.

Just outside there it was very nice and mild with a gentle snowfall. No wind. I met one of the staff from Audrey's books at the corner and had a chat while my light was changing. I had a brief wait at Corona and got a train and road in, a seat to myself and got a bit of reading done at Clairview. At my bus stop just out front here the snow was coming down heavy but there was no wind. Temperature was about 0. Very nice out there, I love it.

I guess I forgot to give Markus this "pick up number" he needed to get the funds on the Western Union form or whatever the proper number is called. I emailed it to hi when I got his email.

I'm really enjoying this "A game of thrones" series by George RR Martin. It kind of takes me back to my SCA days, everything so Medieval-ish and all. It's not a Harry Potter/D&D thing at all. Not even close. So far there's no magic or sorcery of any kind but plenty of intrigue. Lots of stuff on Knights and Squires. Excellent stuff, and I have another 4 big books in the series yet to read.

Well, just when I thought Doctor Who is in hiatus, Space channel has another episode coming up and of course the Doctor Who Christmas special is Thursday. I got my pvr revved up and ready to go for some Doctor Who goodness. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment