Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012 Bloggers!

Happy New Year to all my blog readers, family, coworkers and colleagues. Oh and even my few friends This is the first time I had to ring in the New Year, without Anne since t day we got married 11 years ago. Nothing serious, Anne is working at her call centre job taking Pizza orders. She’s working from 7:30pm last night until 4am this morning. There’s some perks that come along with the hours: Firstly, she gets paid double time from Midnight to Four am and the company will pay for her cab home, which is Ok. Bus service is running until 3am this morning and its free all day.


Usually local TV networks here show the last 5 minutes of the year and we see the last of Edmonton’s “First Night” especially the showcase being the fireworks but out of the 5 local networks, CFRN and CBC were absent. Channel 7 was showing a feed from Calgary of all places and Global was in Niagara falls. WTF? So we see no fireworks this year, nice to be on the ball guys. Thanks for the insult.


This year wasn’t a good year for me book reading wise: I read 5 books this year. “A game of thrones” will be for net year. But here are the books I read last year, taken from my webcam. That's Sparkey sleeping the New Year away.
This year, I plan on reading 1 book/month, well that’s the plan/ I’m going to read a lot more then this though. The best book I read this year was A. Lee Martinez “Automatic Detective.” The next book I plan on reading is “Space Vulture” Wolf/Meyers. But that’s after I’m done reading “A game of thrones.”

Hard to believe that if dad was alive today, he’d be 89 years old. He died at the age of 72 born January 1st 1922. I never met my grandfather. Mom or dad and one thing I’m going to do before I pass on is to do some genealogy since my family wont help me.

So it looks like I‘ll be able to pay off my Lodge dues for 2012 after all. At first I wasn’t because I figured, I’d be looking at about $60 and Anne said she’d give me $10 to help cover the cost of the dinner last night. It wasn’t necessary but it means I’ll be able to do that and have $20 left over to get me by until Friday. Also, WM emailed everyone and said how the EA candidate wont be able to make it for Thursday. I’m going to have an easy night Thursday, good stuff. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment