Monday, January 9, 2012

I thought the two were unrelated

so I did some checking around on how to delete a New Volume partition on my laptop with Windows 7. I went through the steps. Lets turn off the computer and see if  I got more hard drive space. I get the opening Acer logo and then a command line: Grub recovery (waiting for a response.) Fortunately for me I still have my desktop Xp system (slow). Ten minutes later I was checking the web for this Grub recovery and discovered its a Linux recovery application for when Linux (running beside my Windows 7) gets removed by accident or shut down without being prompted to do so. Great way to start off the New Year! 
When I go back to work tomorrow I'm going to ask Vinay or Keith or anyone of the "brown guys" as James calls them, how do I get back to Windows and bypass this Grub recovery. If I could do it from here today, I'd remove Linux altogether. 

Today I have a day off but no hockey, the Oiler's don't play again until I think on Wednesday. The good news if they can get on a roll and healthy and with a winning streak they might make a run for the last play off spot but that's a lot of if's. 

Today, I'm relaxing and reading. I've got Monday night Raw for this evening. Since I can't get into my laptop I can't make any beats. I was thinking about going down to LM and pick up Komplete 8 if they have it there but I don't like shelling out all that money when my job unlike last year was more or less safe. This year, it's a new company and anything can happen. We don't have taps yet for HDI as this campaign we're on now is realativley new so for the most part were calling cold. Other offices have our good campaigns. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment