Sunday, January 15, 2012

The unseasonal conditions

that we have enjoyed since the beginning of November have taken a dramatic turn for the worse. As of about 2pm yesterday the air was brisk and you could feel things were changing. By the time I left the office yesterday it was snowing heavily although it wasn't that cold. Anne and I agreed I should stay home and we'd go into the medical centre Monday. Overnight however, it became colder -20 with a -32 windchill This is our first -20 degree temperature of the season.

I woke up around 1pm and read until about 3:30pm. I'm feeling a lot better even though I've got a raspy kind of a cough and there's some blood in my mucus after bringing it up and spitting it in the waste basket and there's less episodes of coughing. I'm still going to go to the medi centre Monday afternoon.

I had this dream of sorts, more of a snapshot of a memory from my childhood. Dave and had this idea that we'd dig this big hole out in his backyard as an entrance to this underground headquarters we wanted. A glorified tree house. I think his dad got mad and put an end to that idea before we hit a gas pipe or something. Another escapade of ours in the early 1960's. I went to Google earth again as I often do to take a look at the old neighborhood. I remember the "big house" on the corner of Smith & Hailey. Fast forward 1970-2012 42 years later the big house is gone and so is the nice hedge that ran from the alley and around the corner onto Hailey. There's another house there now but the veranda of Dave's house still exists along part of the front and the South side of the house. I tried looking up Dave on Facebook but so far no luck. I'm not even sure he and Terry even live in Coquitlam anymore. I didn't hang out with Dave all that much in my 20's. Dave was working at the golf club in the 1970's. I hooked up with him again in the early 1990's and I think he was still working for the club even at that time but even then that was 21 years ago. Dave would be a few years younger then me but not by much. I think I got a phone call from Dave & Terry saying they may be in a position to come up to Edmonton to visit but like I said that was 21 years ago. I'm almost ready to call the golf club and ask for Dave but I think maintenance would be closed for the weekend. I probably could call the golf club and get a recorded voice mail if you want bookings press "1" type thing.

Ok enough of that, the The Kings/Oiler game is on like in 10 minuets and if the Oiler's don't get the first goal, it's over. Anyway, that's all for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment