Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Your having a good shift when

you have a couple of sales in a 4 hour shift totaling anywhere from $120-200. That's a good 4 hour shift. I don't like the office lay out. I took a negative look at it the first day we moved in December 13th. Ive had so far 15 days there and it's an office that's hard to get used to. There's a lot of things I don;t like about the office: Firstly, the lunchroom. Lets begin there, which is about the size of hour living room. There are 4 tables from the old office, which can seat about 9 people. Then there are these little cuby hole areas about 5 of them. So roughly about 14 people can sit in the lunchroom. before I get a chance to get a seat, there are at least 8 people already there and the rest of the staff occupy whats left over. People are moving all around in the cramped little area. Plus there's a camera watching everyone. Most time's I've been reduced to sit in the stairwell and the elevators are shut down after 4:30pm to even use the bathroom. Secondly the lighting in the office is bad enough and hard on the eyes. We're all in these little pods. It's not very comfortable.There's no place where one can get away for a bit of privacy. it's not so much the office it's the work. We're using VOIP to do the calling and many times if you want to perform an action on the calls by using the "hot keys" there's a slight delay. The office looks like it was put together on a budget. I don't like  using a mouse. At the end of the day, I've got a headache.

I meant to head out over to "Alberta Works" (AW) yesterday morning but I didn't sleep very well from about 7-10am. Before I do this though, I'm going to ask that lady if we can get down together to help do my resume before. I'm thinking Saturday at break that way she can print me off a copy and I can have soft and hard copy to work with. If we can get together to do this Saturday and I can get my copies next week, then I can get down to AW for the 23rd and at least get the ball rolling. I'd love to get a nice little "Security Guard Job" (sgj) in an office building where I'd be a bum in a chair. I'd get myself the laptop and a cell phone, to call Anne. Also, this will buy me some time to see if iM would pay me the raise on the next check. If iM doesn't pay me the $1/hour raise, then they're telling me it's time to take a hike. On the week of my resume, I'm checking out a couple of guard companies and I'll put my name in and see what happens. I'll even take the same wage I'm getting now. But if Friday they don't give me my wage increase, I'm out of iM as soon as I can get another job. I'd rather work for Pizza 11-7 because when Lodge is light I can go to Lodge right after work Anyway, it's back to Hell today. That's all for now.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment