Monday, May 25, 2015

Before I leave out of here on my commute

I need to pop into the caretaker and let her know what's happening. I probably should have kept quiet about this this thing because for all they knew I was registered. 
 
I'm looking forward to when I'm on full pension. It doesn't mean I'll be retiring. Not many can do that these days anymore. What it does mean is I might be able to work 5 days/week instead of 6 and instead 4-9:30, I can work 5-9 and have some pocket money. Most likely the landlord will take the balance of my pension. There are a lot of older people at my place of work, and one lady befriended me. We were talking in the lunchroom on my half hour break Saturday. She was saying her and her husband (he also works there) said she had been on Old Age Security (oas) for just a few months and their rent went up $300. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until hours later that she got a rent increase as soon as her landlord knew she was 65. She was also telling me that its Blue Cross that administers the seniors health benefits through the Alberta Government. because I'm an unregistered tenant (since 2000) management assumed my name was on the lease agreement. Soon management here will know I'm closing in on 65 and already on cpp. They'll see me as a cash cow.

The only thing I got going on this week is that X-ray Thursday. I'll be fasting over night. That's good its in the morning as I can pop into McDonald's for breakfast after and catch a bus to Belvedere station then downtown to Churchill and pop into the library. Other then that, not much going on. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment