Friday, May 1, 2015

I have an unexpected day off

today because we're working the election Sunday and because of Alberta labour Laws we can't work 7 days. Also the office is closed Tuesday because of the election. I'm also off Thursday for lodge. I'm not letting Anne know I have 3 days off. Two days she can take but not 3. I'll be lucky if I have 50 hours on my next cheque. Less if I don't get a full day Saturday. Lucky for us, we're in the middle of the month.

If work slows down at the end of May, I can activate my ei and still cover the basics even if I get as little as 2-3 shifts/week. I can live with that. I'll have my ei and what little I can work for June/July and August will be a struggle but it depends how work goes. For all I know things could keep going this summer but even if its just for the short term its ok. If I have a month or two until work picks up I can also work from home. 

Long term that could take me until this time next year and next August I'll be applying for my pension. Summer of 2016-17 might be rough until the end of August. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment