Monday, May 18, 2015

At least I'm sleeping a little better

over the last couple of nights. Saturday/Sunday night because I had that sleeping pill and this morning because I had that beer. Also, I backed off on the Coversyl because I feel it might have a side effect, which could be why my circulation in my lower right leg has been bothering me over the last week. Before I got married when this blog was just a hard copy diary in my own hand writing, (1997) I had a security guard job. It was then my sciatic nerve really acted up on me causing pain along my right side. I don't know how I was able to cope in doing that job. That was when I was in Amway at the time and I recall a trip down to Calgary. I felt every bump in the road there and back. I haven't felt body pain like that in a long time and that was way before the diagnosis of my diabetes was confirmed in 2004. So I'm also thinking this could be sciatic because I can feel it all along my right side but its not as severe as it was back in 1997.

Switching gears, I'm really enjoying this Horus Heresy series. "Mechanicum" is the 9th book in the series and the only one that I haven't read is "Decent of Angels" book #6. I just couldn't get into it. I can always come back to it. The book kind of strayed from the story line. Up next is "Tales of Heresy." Its a collection of 6 short stories.I hope to begin that one at the end of this month. 

The Metro LRT line is in testing mode. Posters on the Connect 2 Edmonton forum have uploaded some photos of cars on the track. Not that I'd use Metro much but it would take ridership pressure off the Capital line and make my commute more comfortable. I'll be able to find a seat easier on the way home at night and often Anne and I go out to the Ramada at Kingsway for brunch. It'll make it more convenient to get out to Kingsway mall.

Its a short work week this week because of Victoria day. July 1st falls on a Wednesday so our next long weekend wont be until August 3rd. Not that this was a long weekend because I was working Saturday. Two days off for me is a long weekend. As of this August I'll have 1 more year until I can apply for pension and as long as we keep things together here and I have my health, a year after that I'll be on full pension. Most likely I'll work 3-4 days a week. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment