Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lets see, with 4 hours of

wrestling Sunday with "Money in the bank" and 3 hours of Monday night Raw, last night-I'm a bit burned out with TV wrestling. So much so, I've been missing out on some major stories and events to report my impressions on.

When I heard Sunday night that actor Anton Yelchin (Star trek's Chekov) died Sunday, while watching the news Sunday night after wrestling, I couldn't believe it. His own suv vehicle killed him at his home. He was 27. Brian Jones, Hendrix and Morrison each died at the same age. The suv he was driving was one of the vehicles that had been set up for recall. The actor was getting out of his suv in his parking lot at home. He was behind the vehicle when the suv rolled and pinned him against a brick pillar. It was the trauma of the incident that killed him. Another celebrity dead at the age of 27.

I began "Scream of Eagles" 5 days ago and I reached the half way point of the book, yesterday. It took me 4 days to read half a book? I'm wondering why? Is it the genre maybe? I'm thinking that's the case because a lot of science fiction stories are slow. Fantasy, even slower. I'm going to have this book read by the end of the month.

I've been sending out 2 resume's/day, and so far the fish aren't biting. I'm thinking summer will be over by the time I find a part time summer job. We're not quite at rock bottom but I can see the wolves through my "field glasses" as it were. They're bivouacking on the horizon. It looks like my market research job is about to shut down for the summer. I'm hoping my other evening job will hire me back in September but after this month, its going to make July and August seem very long. At least we have July's obligations more or less taken care of. August is going to be tricky. I tried to remind Anne that my family and I aren't that close. Except for my parents, we lost contact with each other in the 1980's and 90's until Facebook. They are in no position to help us out. We just have (for the most part) August to worry about and mid September. In early August I have to get my other job set up. They are off for the summer as well. The day of my birthday, I'll be applying for my oas. I'll get that at 65. I could still get a couple of weeks of work at my market research job but I'm not holding my breath it'll happen. I'll be in on Friday to pick up my cheque. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment