Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Yesterday was a bad news good news kind of a day

what with the bad news being, a local work from home option from a local charity said they have all the telephone agents they need. Its a closed shop kids. That and no work scheduled for this week at my other job doesn't look good. I applied at another local survey house but like most of these local market research jobs, they shut down for the summer.

The good news yesterday was just as I was going to ask Anne to call about our city centre rec pass we get a form in the mail saying we've been approved for our low income rec pass. 


After dinner we gathered our swim gear and headed over to the Clareview rec centre, to get processed. After checking us in we each got one of the above, and a wrist band in case we want to come back if we need to leave. Normally these passes would cost us about $450/year. It gets us into all city pools and rec centres, Fort Edmonton Park, Valley zoo, Muttart conservatory (pyramids in the river valley) the art gallery and lots more. We went to get changed and it's .50 cents for a locker. I met Anne in the pool area. Lots of wet tile. I didn't care too much for the lazy river. Anne liked it. I liked the hot tub but its not as good as East Glen by Rexall. From the hot tub if you look up you can see the glass enclosure and people using the work out equipment. I can use that as well. The library has the iMac but that is by booking an appointment only. All of it free for me to use. Its a good deal. They have a steam room but it was currently running at half power. The staff seem knowledgeable and friendly. The rec centre gets 4/5 reviews. I like it and we'll be going back again this month. Our rec centre pass is good up until June 14th 2017.

After the rec centre we went across to Walmart to the McDonald's for a Sunday and we walked back home. It was a nice little outing. Its a bit of a walk for me but the #11 bus out here gets me to between Walmart and the rec centre once it leaves Clareview station, and its about a block in from Walmart. I'd like to book some time for that iMac, bring my headphones and screen record a beat. I'd need more then an hour to work on it. I might be doing that over the next few days. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment