Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I thought the previous version of

Connect 2 Edmonton was a bit cleaner looking then this new version. Most likely I just need to get used to it. The site came back up Sunday night. I launched a new thread on the demise of the old Jasper Place theatre being demolished on Friday but otherwise I'm very happy c2e is back. All the posts I have been subscribing to are back.

The new Rogers place arena is getting its lettering on the outside of the building done. They were working on it last week. The old Greyhound bus terminal building was demolished Friday as well. Interesting how the end seating of Rogers Place is done on portable grand stands. They unfold to fit, and then the seats go in. Looks like the Zamboni is coming through the East end of the arena. That makes sense because of the community rink close to where there outside Metro lrt line emerges from underground. The scoreboard is raised but not finished. There's a lot to do on the outside, and the edges around the roof but pcl should have the arena on time and on budget within the next two months. Oilers training camp might still be at Rexall, hard to say. Opening game day for the regular season is October 12th against Calgary Flames. I'll be watching that one. You can join in on the Rogers place arena discussion and see new photo's here.

I woke up about 11am. I'm out of here at 3:30pm today for my 4:30pm shift. Hopefully I'll have enough hours to last me until Thursday and then I have Friday off for Canada day, and that means in the NHL its Free Agent Frenzy. I get to watch everything unfold, who goes where, which team are buyers and sellers, who gets traded. Fun times. As far as work goes, I'm just taking it one day at a time. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment