Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Not much going on around here

Monday. It was a laid back kind of day at home. Anne brought me back a couple McDonald's quarter pounder burgers and fries for my 5:30pm supper and I spent 3 hours of watching wrestling. Then browsing the job ads on Kijiji, then supper and more job browsing. I found a work from home job but I doubt I'll get that but I uploaded my resume anyway. I'm calling the boss this afternoon to see what's coming up for work as things are slowing down. Anne's shifts are restored but mine are still in limbo.

The massacre in Orlando on the weekend at the Pulse club was senseless, most of these shootings are. Was it a hate crime or inspired by a terrorist organization? I don't know. Banning Muslims from entering a country isn't the answer either. There are about 3 million peaceful Muslims already in the US. The FBI dropped the ball on the Orlando shooter file. Maybe Muslims in the US and here should have certain rights suspended. Maybe banning Muslims from bearing arms is the way to go. Maybe better surveillance of Muslims needs to be tightened. I don't know what the answer is. All I know is hate is not the answer. 

Over the weekend I learned of a new Star Trek movie, called "Star Trek Beyond." Its news to me. Its going to be released July 22nd. I really am enjoying JJ Abrams Star Trek. This is his 3rd Trek movie. Also this year is year in December is Star Wars Rouge one. The last time there was a Star Wars and a Star Trek movie in the same year was in 2002 with "Nemesis" and "Attack of the clones." My 2 favorite movie franchises of all time. Marvel Studio's is a close 3rd. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment