Thursday, June 23, 2016

Anne came up with the idea that it would be nice to

order a Maximus pizza. We might have 2/3rds of the rent covered and the balance in 2 weeks for July, could we justify a luxury like that? I was reluctant but ok since I had enough to pay for it. It was a 2 for one 10 inch. I have half of it left for later.

This referendum in the UK about to take place today reminds me of the Yes/No 51+ Quebec referendum in 1995. A yes vote basically said Quebec would leave confederation (Canada). I was really right into this at the time watching the nail biting drama about to unfold. Oh no, what if this breaks up the country? It would spell disaster. I voted No. Quebec must remain part of Canada. Knowing what I know now about the Billions $ Quebec receives in form of Transfer payments every year from Alberta, I would have voted Yes for Quebec to leave. If such a Quebec referendum to leave Canada occurs again inspired by the British referendum now underway, I'd vote yes, leave. If such a referendum occurred to leave Canada it would be over this notion Quebec has of being a distinct society. In that case Yes, leave and don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. These types of referendums are one shot affairs.    

I'm up at 10am tomorrow morning to get ready to leave for my job interview. I have no expectations. I'll be leaving out of here about 11am bring my book. Its a bit West of Kingsway Mall. Another call came in yesterday and I got that number to call as well. If I leave with nothing, I'm ok with that. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment