Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Here I thought it was just me being a slow reader that maybe I just never

developed a skill for fast reading. I finished early (this morning) "Scream of Eagles," (soe). It's 319 pages in length. There's enough action to keep me turning pages. I read this book in 6 days! That's the main story for me as I write this. I've read a lot of science fiction, fantasy etc, and a lot of it for me at least reads very slow. It's not uncommon for me to read a book like this in 2-3 months. The Horus Heresy books for example. An average Horus book can take me 2 months to read. I finished soe within a week. The previous book "Talons of Eagles" took me over 3 months but that was because I stopped reading it. I'm going to continue on reading the books I have in this series. The writing is so good.

This morning I missed a call that came in from one of my resume's that I had sent out the other day. I missed the call and called an hour later to get switchboard. She took my name and number down, and said I can either wait for them to call me back or I can call back after 1pm. I'll wait until 1:30pm as a courtesy to them, and so I have something to report back to Anne when she gets up ready for work. The important thing is these places are calling me back. I usually get good luck from Kijiji and other online search engines. I remember in the pre internet days to look for a job,I'd need to go to the job bank see whats posted and make phone calls. Now I can do this right from home, upload a resume and its in the employer's hands in seconds. Next to my wife, the Internet is my best friend. 

How apropos is that old "Clash" song now: "Should I stay or should I go." I'm referring to the UK vote to keep the UK in the European Union. Its a referendum coming to a head tomorrow. Some key issues of the Brexit (Brittan exit) is Britain's self determination from the EU, terrorist suspects remain in the UK, immigration among others. Big business wants to remain in the EU because its easier to move money and people around. In theory anyone in the EU can work and travel anywhere within the 28 nation club. If the Brexit forces win it would mean, the first time since the Second World War the UK would remain in control of its own destiny. Its a major referendum. More about this here.

The place I applied for called me back an hour ago and I have a interview at 1pm tomorrow. Cool. Other then that I'm off tonight and a night by myself. Last night Anne bought us each a beer. I like any beer that's at least 5.5% alcohol content. Mostly I like craft beers when I can get them at least 5.5%, like Alley cat, or Sleaman's or Molson Dry. Molson dry being my favorite but they don't have individual cans at the liquor store across the street.  

The other good news is c2e is coming back. I haven't checked my email yet so I can't confirm that its up and running today. On the "Go fund me" page, it raised $8,000, which was the target goal. The last update said that c2e should be back in 48 hours. C2e is a very popular website and I'm happy its returning. Again, I'm known as Envaneo. I'm not very popular there at c2e but I like the forum and some of the posters. Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment