Friday, June 10, 2016

Not that the boss could confirm but just from what I could see

after loging in and out last night there is work coming up. I'm to call Tuesday, and he might have a more definitive answer for me then. I was surprised on my pay, and I felt good heading back home stopping off briefly at Audrey's. I let the them know I'd be picking my book up at the end of the month. They're ok with that. Always have been. 

Mr. Hockey aka Gordie Howe past away. I got the news in my email today. Gordie Howe was a bit before my time and many consider him the greatest that ever played the game of NHL hockey. Making his NHL debut for Detroit on Oct. 16, 1946, against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Howe played 32 professional hockey seasons, more than any other man. He also was the oldest player to score in the NHL and made hockey a family affair when he skated with sons Mark and Marty. I never met the man but his post death accolades obviously are significant to the hockey world. He passed away at the age of 88.

On local news last night there's a scam going around, how some scammers are claiming to be from Canada Revenue Agency. They call unsuspecting people claiming they are from the CRA, and that they owe a specific amount of money. They bully and harass their victims over the phone even threaten them that if they don't pay up with iTunes gift cards, they will be arrested. From this Global report: “We are currently investigating a file where a woman was convinced she owed the CRA $22,000. The woman visited two grocery stores and purchased $10,000 worth of iTunes gift cards at the first location and then purchased and additional $12,000 in iTunes gift cards at the second location. The woman then sent photos of the cards to the scammers.” The Canada Revenue Agency doesn't make phone calls to their clients nor ask people to pay up using iTunes gift cards or requests prepaid credit cards. My first clue something was wrong would have been iTunes gift cards? 

Well, it looks like I have a few more days off but I'm hoping to get back to work this week. Its still a pay period and I could use as many hours as possible. So I hope there's something sooner then later. I'm still going to followup on plan B on Monday. I'm not risking anything to chance. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment