Saturday, June 11, 2016

This weekend the cfl is playing black out TV football

which means my game Esks/Calgary is blacked out. I can watch any other games across the cfl (out of market) in that 7pm time slot. By the same token, BC lion fans wont be able to watch their game for the same TV black out reasons we have here, and so on across the league. It kind of sucks but as far as I know the regular season is still good to go tv wise. Why the cfl wouldn't just black out local coverage instead Province wide I don't know? Its not like the cfl hasn't done this before. Most likely I'll just follow up on the "local game" scores through out the night. The Esks/Stamps game is on local radio anyway. I might go across the street and get a $3 Pro-line ticket. I didn't win the draw from work to next weeks Chris Jones and his Riders return.

I was for the most part trying to see how I could take advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade on my laptop before the July expiry date. The problem is even though my 2009 Acer laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium oa and the license key is on the back of the laptop I had a serious virus with this machine a few years back. I didn't build a install disk when had the chance. So one of my colleagues from East India said he'd be able to do a clean wipe, and he installed a un genuine copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. He said this os has a limited time limit until you go out and by another os Windows license as soon as possible. Around 2012 when I lost my Xentel job this laptop crashed, and I got the "Not a genuine Windows build" message at the bottom right side above the task bar. For the most part I would use the laptop's system restore when it would crash after about 4 uses. Then I got lots of adware on the machine. The adware doesn't affect apps as my 320 Gb hard drive began to fill up very fast. I've got something like 33 Gb of space left, not good. Its time for a upgrade. When I saw the 4Tb laptop hard drive, I just about fell out of my chair. What for $250? I'm left with a bit of a problem. I don't mind losing everything on this laptop. I'm willing to do a complete wipe but what do I do with the original oa product key for Windows 7 Home Premium? I need to be calling the Microsoft store this weekend to get some advice. Or do I? I'm looking at getting that 4Tb hard drive, before the end of the year. In the mean time do I do a system wipe of my current laptop and upgrade to Windows 10 or just hold off and by a license for Windows 10 and the 4Tb hard drive? I'm sure my local hardware vendor can install the new drive and the software for me on a Saturday afternoon while having lunch at Wendy's. I'd be looking at about $400 for the upgrade (not the lunch). I'm kind of leaning towards the 4Tb hard drive approach, that's if my laptop can support the physical dimensions of the new drive and system requirements. I'll be researching this to see if my laptop can support the drive this weekend.


 
This morning about 7:30am I got woken up by a squawking magpie just outside on our balcony. I thought my earplugs would help. We had the window open because Anne wanted the air. Sorry but I had to shut the window, 10 minutes later I was out like a light. I think I'm a fan of green tea with a dash of ginger. Its the ginger that helps me sleep. I never heard the bird after that, so I guess the damn thing moved on. When I got up just before noon Anne had the window back open, and its raining lightly out there. Stupid bird. Anne's heading out to work in a few hours, I'm home today enjoying a Saturday afternoon off. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment