Sunday, June 26, 2016

When I'm not working it Sunday is

my favorite day of the week. Especially if I have nowhere to go, like out with the wife or lodge practice. Not that there's nothing wrong with any of the two. It's my day to relax. The last time I worked was June 9th and I'm going a bit stir crazy sitting around the apartment. I've had enough relaxing.

This morning I came across Twitter analytics. This was a look into a aspect of Twitter I didn't know existed. In the last 28 days,I’ve made 3 Tweets. Not including the recent ones and my photo change. Out of those 3 Tweets (according to Twitter analytics) I’ve had 944 Tweet impressions, 28 profile visits, out of 776 followers. No likes in the last 28 days. I’m averaging 34 impressions/day. I went and put a blog link in a recent tweet earlier. I need to establish a permanent embedded blog link like a email signature in all my Tweets. I know about monetizing Twitter but I don't know how to go about it, in a discreet manner. I think I'd like to do a cpc (cost per click) kind of a campaign but my Tweets are generic, and not specific to any brand or niche market. At the same time I don't want to get heavy into anything like buying ad words. The Amazon book cover ad top right of my blog is mostly for information purposes. Since I signed up with a Amazon "store" about 2007, I don't think those ads have generated me a penny, and I'm ok with that. I see Twitter as tool to eventually embed one of my music production YouTube video's. I'm sure I can have multiple Twitter accounts for different topics. 

By accident I learned The old Jasper Place theatre was demolished Friday, wow. I think the only movie I saw in there was "Return of the Jedi" in 1983. Tickets were something like $5 back then. Also, I discovered while using Google maps, Boston Pizza moved out of the strip mall just behind the theatre and the lot Burger Baron was on is gated off sitting empty. Like the empty lot that was across the street from our place most likely will turn out to be another Shoppers drug mart. They're popping up all over the place like Bart Simpson and the Starbucks shopping mall scene. I'm hoping the city of Edmonton buys that land, if they haven't already, and uses it for a future phase 2 Valley line stop. That wont happen for at least another 5-8 years out though.   

Other then that not much else is happening around here today. I might have some work this week for a few days but I won't know anything until Monday. As its a short week this week as it is what with Canada day July 1st. We're carefully watching our spending in our household as we're holding back on any outings book buying stuff like that. This summer is going to be hard on Anne and I. The last time I had a $100 to myself was last October and that went to pay lodge dues. I'm hoping we can keep the basics together, and I get work in September. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment