Thursday, June 30, 2016

I never saw this coming

Taylor Hall traded for Adam Larsson. New Jersey got a great player, we got a good player. The deal was a straight 1-1. Sure Larsson filled a need. I'd rather have seen RNH or Yak go then Hall. At least when the Canadians traded Subban to Nashville, they got back Shea Weber. Time will tell if this is a good trade or not. Now watch, Hall will hoist the Stanley cup next year and it'll be against the Oilers. Eventually McDavid will be traded as well within 6-8 years. Lets hope Oilers have a few more surprises yet between now and Friday to wash down this bad medicne.

Since I've got nothing to do this evening after Anne heads out of here, I'm thinking about heading over to the rec centre. Maybe stay for about an hour. I'll swim in the lazy river, enjoy the hot tub and the steam room. I might even work out for a bit, we'll see.

I called the boss before the Oiler trade came down and we have work in July. I know the projects by name. One I even did during my first month on the job. Its not like last year when we didn't know any details before the summer shut us down. I recall I worked until at least mid July last year. I'll have to call back Tuesday to get more information. I doubt that answering service sales job will call today. The expiry date for that according to last Thursday will be today. If this place calls me in for training, its only 2 weeks I'll go. Something like over 200 applicants applied for this job. They need 2 positions to be filled. I hope I don't get called but until I get back to work, I'll have about a week off. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment