Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Despite the post below

there are a few more things I want to cover.

About 3 years ago, Anne and I had applied for housing subsidy a few months before we had to put Pledges down. I had to go several times to get the application in because it was sent back to us because of something clerical. Well, 3 years latter after we had all but wrote off our plans for housing subsidy we get a letter from CRHC asking us if we still wanted to be on the waiting list? We have up until June 20th to get the new application in. Sure, we’ll put the application in to wait what another 3 years? We’re competing with new Canadians for housing subsidies even though we’re low income, they get subsidies first and with the influx of new Canadians coming into this country, they get first crack at housing subsidies while the rest of us on low income have to be put on “a waiting list.” It’s going to be a long time before we ever get accepted and this isn’t Edmonton Housing, it‘s a subsidy program from CRHC. Another high profile housing subsidy demographic are single parents with children. But Anne and I are a couple of “dinks.” Dual income no kids. We’ll fill out the form and submit it and then forget about it.

I was right about the upcoming movie “Prometheus.” It’s a prequel to the movie franchise “Aliens,” something that I have zero interest in.

The Elder Scrolls gaming scene is all a buzz over a rumor that Bethesda is launching a MMO game of their game series but so far those are just rumors. I Haven’t heard any conformation from Bethesda.

I watched the last half of “Monday night Raw” and really enjoyed it. On a scale from 1-10, I’d give it an 8. It‘s always nice to have the show end with drama.

So if all goes well, I hope Thursday I can secure a ride from Mike or Neil to the Grand Lodge Communication (GLC). Mike sounds like my best choice especially if he can say pick me up at 7am and we can go in our street cloths to Red Deer. Hopefully grab some breakfast and head to the site and hang around if we have to and sign in and cast our vote and leave. If we can be back by 2pm, I can pop into the office and call Anne from there and put a couple of hours in. Perfect. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment