Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mid week madness

Yes its mid week madness. The dreaded of all Wednesdays. I don't do too badly work wise for a Wednesday. Yesterday wasn't bad but I would have liked to have had something over $100 and I had 3 tap sales to my 2 regular sales,  nothing over $100 and even those sales were made in the evening. 

This morning in about an hour, at Clareview station I'll be picking up a 6/49 quick pick for tonight's $26M draw. Then on the train waiting to pull out of Clareview checking out my mail on my iPad and ready for the day. 

This morning the Edmonton Oiler's announced Ralph Krueger as their 11th head coach. This guy is the real deal. Ok so out of the 7 games in the NHL as subbing for Renney, he  only won 1 game but I think the Oiler's will do well with Krueger.

Not much going on around here. It's a straight up working mid week day. 

This morning I had a chance to more through Ottawa's bill C-38. It's an Omnibus bill of some 70 pieces of legislation that Harper wants to push through before Parlement 
breaks for the summer. Bill C-38 is something that the opposition likes because they can debate over it's many parts to drag it out to try and force a non confidence vote. C-38 has some things I like and some things I don't. For example, tightening up EI. Its saying that an unemployed banker making say $75K/year can take a job at Tim Horton's for $12 must take the job or be cut off of EI. That's a bit of an extreme case because no unemployed banker making that kind of money will even take EI. But that's an example. Another is the change to the pension act to change eligibility to collect Old Age Security or OAS, from 65-67. That I don't mind and it wont take into affect until 2023 Amendments to the Income Tax Act that will further limit the resources that charities can put towards political activity and give the minister of national revenue greater power to take action against organizations that exceed these limits. I kind of like this one. Also, Amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to wipe out a backlog of 280,000 applications under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Gives more jobs for Canadians. I also like this one:The elimination of several government-funded groups and agencies including the National Council of Welfare, Rights and Democracy, and the National Roundtable on the Environment and the Economy. This one I don't like: Complex changes to fisheries protection of fish habitats that will result in less-stringent regulations for the sake of promoting commercial and development interests. I like this one as well: Repealing and replacing the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act in order to expedite the environmental review process and limit public input. But bill C-38 can't be all things to all people. There are some good things I like and some not so good things. more on this latter. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment