Thursday, June 28, 2012

I got up a little bit

early to do a few backing vocal takes. I did about 8 of them and I'll review them a bit more on my morning commute later. 

Not a lot going on for today. I'm not at all that concerned about HO leaning on me and my colleagues. HO must think that we're all in a recession or something, which here in Northern Alberta (for now) we're not. This is Edmonton, not 10% unemployment rate in some US city. Also, I think we have about 30% of our office empty during the day and about 60% empty at night. I'm hearing what management said (improver your diallers or add more diallers.) If I get a pink slip in my pay check, fine I'll deal with it when it happens. If I can get passed the end of July (and I'm taking it day by day) I'm taking 2 weeks off to get my CPP in order and I'll be looking to see what my options are. I'd like to check out a few operations maybe even go in for a few interviews and talk to some people, get some names and numbers etc. You know, I like my job and I like the management I'm working with, I'm there every day and if they want to kick out a solid employee like me because I'm not up to the national average sales wise, well they may as well fire everybody in the office and shut the whole company down. I think HO knows all of this and I met most of my higher ups and they're good people.

Anyhow, that's enough of that. Today it's in for my usual 8 hours. It was this week, 32 years ago I fled the Meyer's place. By 6pm on that Wednesday afternoon it was all over. I was in my new place breathing a sigh of relief. I didn't stay very long because the land lord that let me hadn't realized that the previous tenant before me had left temporarily and said they'd be back. I had a week to find something before said tenant returned. I did the same thing when I left uptown New Westminster for Calgary in late November 1976 living in the Anderson house. I returned back to New West in May back to my old room which was awaiting for me. I think I was paying $100/month at the time, which in 1976 dollars would have been like about $200 in purchasing power today.

Other then the job thing, I slept ok over night, except around 6am I find it hard to fall back to sleep. I got another 8 hour shift ahead of me my 3rd one for the week then tomorrow and 6 hours Saturday (I hope) Saturday I'm going out with the guys and splitting a jug of beer with Warren. A jug is $13 and I'll give him $7. There's about 3 pints of beer in it, which I only drink 1, watch some of the Argo/Edmonton game and at half time head for home to watch the 2nd half. Anyway, that's enough silliness for now, it's a beautiful summer say out there and I'm going to enjoy my commute. This time I'm bringing my headphones. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment