Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LA got the first

goal then a NJ player slammed his opponent into the boards right in the numbers, that gave LA a 5 minute pp and LA scored 3 unanswered goals making it 4-1. Then near the 4 minute mark of the 3rd NJ pulls their goal tender and LA gets an open net on a breakaway. 5-1, then an insurance goal making it 6-1. After all of the hoisting of the cup on ice interviews presenting the Con Smyth, the LA Kings players gathered for the on ice group photo that #99 Wayne Gretzky began in 1988, his last time with the Oiler’s. I’m glad the Kings carried on with that tradition. It’s a tradition that is synonymous with how Conference winning teams don’t touch the Conference cup and the play off beard. Next up is the Trade deadline and the off season. In more relevant NHL hockey news especially news for Oiler fans Craig MacTavish has been hired on as assistant to Hockey operations Steve Tambellini. Congratulations to the LA Kings, 44 years in the making. Now lets get on with the CFL. Training camp is a few days away.

Actually the first Eskimo's training camp game is Friday night. Most likely it wont be televised but if Proline has CFL training camp days I'm getting a ticket for this. I usually play all weekend games for the next 20 weeks, including playoffs. Can't wait. Speaking about the Esks, they had training practice yesterday and Coach Reid was pissed off with the guys for having a lack luster practice! Uh-oh..

I was able to call Mike our SW about GLC in Red Deer and he said he didn’t go last year but depends on his work and all and if he is going to go, then that fits into my plans because he said, he’d be going long enough to vote and then leave, which means no suit just street cloths. I think. I’d rather go with Mike because if he can pick me up at 7am and we drive down to Red Deer get a spot of breakfast along our way and we‘re in and out. I could be home by noon and maybe even get a couple of hours in on the job. I can still get 4 hours in. I can even call Anne at 2:20pm and she‘d never even know the difference. Perfect. So I‘ll be calling Mike by Thursday. If this is Neil’s plan as well, in and out, then that works out great. Mike said he‘s never been to a GLC, that makes two of us. 


Ok for once Greenpeace may have a valid issue with oil pipelines. The Red Deer pipeline spill into the Red Deer river Thursday was an accident waiting to happen. Many of these pipelines are 45 years old and Alberta alone has had over 300 pipeline leaks. We need an independent pipeline review and I think these pipelines need to be monitored and in many cases replaced, especially like the one at Red Deer. These pipelines should be inspected at least on a monthly basses and replaced at least once every 5 years. Besides they would provide a lot of jobs for people as well. So for once, Mike I agree with you.

I had a great weekend. I saw a couple of hockey games and did some music production and had a great 2 days off. This week I have a full week ahead especially Saturday. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment