Sunday, June 24, 2012

I was in bed by about

3:30am listening to a bit of Coast. The topic was undercover operations. I was mildly interested but passed out.

As a filler on our local news and somewhat related to the above was a story how real estate agent companies will use drones mounted with a video camera to fly around a piece of property to showcase certain features of the property with music and voice over. From the drone models I’ve seen on YouTube most of these drones sound like weed whackers, very noisy. A drone was used to fly over rioters in Poland last year to get a good look at the crowd but if it’s a windy day I wonder how useful they are?

After work yesterday I walked down to Audrey’s. It was very nice about +25* My first day without a jacket. I wasn’t really hungry but I went in and bought my Star Wars book: Fate of the Jedi “Vortex.” I’m expecting “Going pro with Cubase 6” any week now. I like Cubase but it’s suffering from a lot of clipping and it’s hard to get my audio interface in the device set up to stabalize.

Hard to believe this July will mark the 25th anniversary of Edmonton’s “Black Friday” 1987 tornado that killed 27 people. I was at Cobogo warehouse on that day now known as “Cobogo lofts.” I was 34 years old at the time.

I just headed for home and at Clareview station while waiting for the bus I thought about checking my email on my iPad but my connection was lost. I got home and checked into it and was still off line, then it came back on line.

I headed for bed taking the phone in with me and set my alarm for 8pm. I had an hour and a half nap and Anne called about 8:30pm. I had the rest of the night off and worked doing some recording on “Chair” and I got some good takes. I wanted to use Vari audio in Cubase but I’m having some problems with it.

Later this afternoon Anne and I are heading over to Earl’s again. We haven’t been there since her birthday. That was March 16th but we went on the Sunday on the 18th. I enjoyed the burger was nice. That’s probably what I’ll have again. Anne likes to head to the Pet Smart store first before head over to Earl’s.

So the 2012 NHL draft ended up with no real surprises for the Oiler’s. We got our #1  pick and (again) yawn. It would have been better if this guy had some better credentials but oh well. We need to sign him to at least a 3 year deal and see what he can do. Or sign him for 3 years and trade him for someone we can use now or over the next several years. The real action will happen at the NHL free agent draft next July first. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment