Friday, March 29, 2013

A little business to take care of first....

if this offends some people, so be it. I'm not here to make friends. Let me break it down for you in plain English guys: I believe in God and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I don't wear my religious beliefs on my sleeve or anything and neither do you have to either if you like. It's for the above I give pause today because on this day Good Friday. Jesus died for us. I'm not a Church goer or read the bible everyday but just to let my readers know that if you don't have God in your life, your nothing. Everything I am or lack there of comes from one source, that's God.

Yesterday morning I had circulation trouble in my legs due to problems with diabetes, Anne suggested I have an extra long weekend so I called into the office regretting my situation. At least I called in sick.

This is really not new News. Google announced that it is shutting down Reader. I like Reader but there are alternatives. One site I'm liking is TheOldReader thanks to i09 for posting this.

At the moment I'm trying to sync 1107 songs from my iTunes library to clear off all the music from my iPod Touch. I hope I'm doing this right. 


Ok, I'm switching back to Firefox. It's so easy to download photos Chrome always seems to have my photos turned sideways after I download as I'm about 40% synced. This could take all night. Finally, I've got this done. I cleared about 3.5 Gb space for the iTouch.
  
The Columbus/Oiler game at the Rex last night was a quite the game. It was a nice thing for the Oiler's to do win on the eve of a long weekend. They get 2 points and are just 3 points away from a playoff spot. With 17 games left anything can happen. It was a fun game to watch. 

Not only was yesterday notable in above but also I got my income tax return,which means I'm going to pay off Maschine,which is about 60% of my return but the rest is going to be saved for a rainy day. I'm hoping in a way though that I get "laid off"briefly and go on EI with a medical. I've done it that way last time 15 yers ago. The rational behind this is that while it may take 8 weeks to get my first check if it's approved. Next week sometime,I'll make my availability
less half a shift so I can apply for my CPP. This takes 4 months to activate, which means my first CPP check wont come in until about the time my first EI check comes in. If I can get social assistance for those 2 months, the Province will pay for my dental work,such as dentures etc. With the amount of hours I have, I might be able to have about 38 weeks off or just about 6.5 months off. That will take me to 61. Then by that time, I'll have other places set up. I'm trying to time it so that I have work during those 3 years 61-64 will be a tough 3.5 years but from I hope to be on EI for maybe half of that year I'll retire with full CPP and OAS and work where I am for 3 days/week. But that's the long term game plan. Anyway, that's all for now.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment