Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday, our favorite day of the week....

for  most of us its 2 days off. As for yours truly this weekend is going to give me a chance to recover from a scratchy throat. All need is a couple of days to rest it up before I get a cold. It makes for a long day. If I see a message left within 2 days, I'm not leaving another one. And I'm not sure if I even mentioned my availability is half days Fridays.

I was reading in my Coast to Coast newsletter "today in Strangeness," the other day that in 2006 the world's population was at 6.6 Billion people. We're now at 7Billion people. The birth rate is roughly 21 million so far and it's barely the first of March. The death rate as of today is about 9 million according to the world population clock.

Planet earth needs some kind of strategy because even by today's population standards how sustainable is a population like that? Us science fiction enthusiasts have been suggesting for years that space is one answer for  addressing population growth. There are others and I'll talk about this over the weekend. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment