Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm heading out of here

in about half an hour enjoying my morning coffee.

Weather wise, its about -11* but it's the wind chill and it's very slippery out there. Looking outside from my window, you wouldn't think the first day of Spring is on Wednesday!

The photo I just Tweeted may be a bit overkill but I'm not taking any chances until my pathway is cleared this morning and of course there will be the usual ETS LRT delay in the tunnel. But once I'm under way, I should be good to go.


On a news segment yesterday Doctor Oz is promoting  an anti smoking in the work place campaign titled "non smokers need not apply." His rational is that smokers cost a company time and money. I can see what he's getting at not that I agree with it but it makes sense. I recall the last job I had in the Baker Centre my colleagues were more concerned with who's turn it was for a smoke break then the job. Consider that for every 5 minute smoke break once an hour, is 40 minutes of lost time in a 8 hour day. In my that office 80% of my colleagues were smokers,when you add it up that's a lot of lost time and money but there's more to it then that.   

Otherwise, it's a typical Monday morning. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment