Saturday, March 30, 2013

For the most part yesterday

I was not watching any TV. Overnight this morning Anne comes in saying former Alberta Premier Ralph Kline had died at the age of 70. I knew that he wouldn't last the year being in palliative care recently. He was suffering from dementia and more recently emphysema and bronchitis. He was a heavy smoker and drinker for most of his life. Even early as Wednesday he was quoted as saying “I’m not dead yet,” he said with a chuckle. Ralph Kline from Calgary Alberta was Alberta's 12th Premier for 14 years. It's been quite the week for Calgary, what losing in a trade Jerome Iginla, their franchise hockey player with the Calgary Flames and now Ralph Kline

Tomorrow Anne and I are out off to the movies and I'm looking forward (for "free") the 2nd installment of the new GI Joe movie:
 
 I mean come'on, The Rock, Bruce Willis, how can anyone turn that down? Also, I'm making a pit stop into Games Workshop to see if there's any Warhammer action going on and dinner (not in the food court this time) then the movie and or even Chapters if there's time.

I've been cultivating an interest in basketball lately. Obviously I can't play it but I appreciate the athleticism from watching these guys run up and down the court and pulling off these amazing moves like they do. When basketball highlights come on I don't turn the channel anymore. Being Canadian I support the Toronto Raptors but otherwise I like the "Miami heat" for obvious reasons. 

In the 1960's growing up in Coquitlam BC, our family lived a few blocks away from the Vancouver golf course. The VGC in the 1960's was a great place to get the red huckleberries (these were very plentiful at the VGA and they would be nice and ripe about now.) until they put a fence around it. I'm not a golfer but would like to play as some of the guys in my Lodge play Saturday's in the summer and maybe practice with them a bit. The only problem is it's an expensive sport. A set of clubs (new) can cost about $600+ never mind the cart, balls, shoes and tee time. Frank encouraged me last year to come along to play but I was working Saturdays. I might go out with the boys for a few rounds of golf this summer. Now that I'm not working Saturdays. I have such a history with golf I even worked at the VGC for a couple of weeks back in 1973 but that's another story.    

Last night on her way to work Anne bought from the Dollar ramma across the street these pair of headphones pictured below. This is what I'm looking for a microphone headphone setup with a mic line in. The only problem after trying to figure out how to get my voice sample into Maschine, I'm getting a "shushing sound." I think it's because my threshold was too low. I'm going to tinker around with that for awhile tonight.  
  Monday is the last day of my 5 day weekend and I'm going downtown to Jack's in the Baker Centre and get my haircut and it's Monday night Raw/Oiler's. Tuesday night I'm going to Audrey's for a book signing and pick up my annual hard copy of Robert J Sawyer's new book "Red Planet Blues." The book is going to cost me (90% off due to my Audrey's book club membership) about $10. I've been seeing Rob at Audrey's every year now since "Rollback." I still want to get "Triggers" signed as well. Wednesday/Thursday are 2 more Oiler games but Thursday is Lodge night, that comes first. Friday is about the only night not tied up with anything,so it's going to be a busy week. Oh and there's an Oiler game on tonight, good stuff. Anyway that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment