Thursday, March 28, 2013

Yesterday morning was easy going into

work and I got my morning coffee at Subway. Unlike the herd I skip Tim Horton's as I come off the escalator at Corona station and it's long line ups. I even pass by Starbucks on my way as it's pretty busy there as well. However across the street on the corner is Subway and they're coffee (for a medium) is $1.25. No line up's. 

I like my job, it's just the afternoons are slow and after 3pm,I'm watching the clock a bit. Most Owners/managers/HR people, I need to talk with are usually gone for the day after 3pm and all I'm doing is leaving messages. I like it when I actually get a case I can get right into. HO thinks I'm doing a good job but the coding of my calls is inconsistent but I'm getting better at this. About 3pm is when I get a little played out and then I draw some energy from some unidentifiable place and get right into it and that and a bathroom break to  splash some cold water on my face helps make the afternoon go fast. 

All this week I've been having issues with my diabetes,normally in my legs as I get this kind of "numbness" or circulation trouble. That's what I got this morning when I called in sick. It's not very cool to do that especially on the day before a stat holiday. There's only a crew anyway for the weekend and Monday and I'm not trained on any current study except what I'm currently doing, which is why the boss isn't expecting me there Monday night and I called in a few minutes ago to leave a message on his extension. I always do that to cover my butt.   

This is really cool by the folks from Above Top Secret.com. This link takes you to a story about  Ancient Maps That Shouldn't Exist  it's a post by "smyleegrl." 

Wow, big news in the hockey world: Calgary Flames announced that they've traded franchise icon Jarome Iginla to the Penguins for Pittsburgh's first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft and the rights to unsigned draft choices Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski! At least Iginla who lives just up the road from Edmonton in Saint Albert will be in the playoffs. Iginla is the face of the Calgary Flames and has scored at lest 30+ goals in every season in the only NHL team he's ever played with. The fans in Calgary must be stunned.

All last night I just relaxed and listened to some YouTube music and reading from a website about the Vancouver music scene in the early 1960's. I was too young to get into the music scene at that time. I missed a lot of bands like the "Vancouver Epics" and the "CFUN Classics." There wasn't much for a 10 year old to do in the early 1960's but it was fun reading about all the bands and the club scene in the Vancouver "lower mainland" area. Here's a link to the site I was enjoying.   

My long weekend picture is a bit less foggy. I've got Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday off. The reason why I have Monday off is because they're only running an evening crew and I haven't been trained on that study. I lose a day but I'd also appreciate an extra day off, so it means I get a 4 day weekend, wu-who! Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment