Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Last night about

9:30pm I began having these stomach cramps Anne gave me some Tum's or something like them and that didn't help much. I went to bed. Of course it was a warm day about +27 out there. I slept until midnight up again feeling a bit better. Anne had some pepto and put about a table spoon in a shot glass for me. I had that and went back to bed and about 2am I got up feeling a lot better. I did some reading from my Space Wolf book and read a chapter in that and then went back to bed.

Sometime over night we had a extensive thunderstorm roll through here over night. It was due to the warm weather buildup  during the day. I didn't catch much of it because I had other things on my mind ^ but this is what Anne told me. It's overcast now. 

I've got a brief shift today off at 3pm. Next week, I'm on from 5-9 plus Sunday's. My hours are slightly reduced but my bottom line is ok and I get a bit as well. 

I'm thinking about going into Audrey's and LM after work to get a book and a device called iRig midi, if they have any in stock. It's going to hook up to my Maschine. 

The above was my blog post this morning.

* Update: I felt a little better going into work but I didn’t know how long I’d last the day. I was still feeling queasy.

I left the office at 1pm and back at it at 9am-5pm. After work I went to Audrey’s and got the 2 remaining Horus Heresy books. I’ve got 17 more to get for a total of 31 in the series. I also cashed in on my Audrey’s club points to get the books for free which is a good deal. After that I went down to LM and noticed they have a for lease sign  on the building. Uh-oh. I picked up my iRig midi and paid for it from that Visa gift card Big Fish Audio wouldn’t take. Also, LM has the new Yamaha and said for $120 I can open an account on them and take them home. They’re the 7“ woofer‘s and are going to be a great complement to my Cubase 6. I was told that LM is pulling up stakes at their 109th location and are moving in August. All the way out to 149th and 137th street. Yikes! That’s a few blocks away from the Shrine club. With all the opportunities couldn’t they have built it closer to downtown? Even Northgate. They’re not going to get a lot of walk by traffic out there.

There air was just what I needed to be out in the Sun and I felt better. After LM I went over to 7-11 and I got a bottle of diet Cola and saw a raisin tart. I thought about using the 2 Visa gift cards. There were 2 line ups and this lady smiled beside me as I was trying to see how much I had on each card and she said, “Excuse me but could I pay that for you?” “Oh, that’s ok, I have enough cash on and these 2 cards have only small enough amounts on them. I’m just trying to exhaust what’s ever left on them.” I think she was s bit put off when I declined her help but I would have embarrassed if I said, “Sure.” Something like that would be un ethical. I think the 1 I used for LM had maybe $3 left on it and the other one had maybe a buck or less as it was declined. I had to pay out of the $5 bill and I had one of the cards in my hand to rip up and got distracted helping a child move her bike out the doors and when I returned the credit card was gone. There was this black woman that took my spot and my Visa card was gone. I think she took it but the guy at the counter said no. I wasn‘t about to make a scene over a credit card that had a couple of bucks on it and embarrassing myself and the suspect. I had a bit of time on my hands and sat on the bench and enjoyed my little tart  treat in the warm afternoon Sun before heading East along 102nd towards NorQuest there and moving along 108th street to Audrey‘s. I asked about ordering the next 4 in the Horus Heresy series but apparently the next one “Dark King / Lightning Tower” is out of print. Audrey’s online is offline so I can’t check right now. In a email this afternoon they said they will see what books in this series remaining are still in print. Maybe I can get them at Games Workshop in WEM.   

I caught the train home and thought now that it‘s 3:10pm I may was well wait for Anne as she should be on her way but after about 20 minutes in the hot Sun (I didn’t mind). Finally I could see her walking from our place and explained I worked until 1pm and she seemed happy to see me. I said I was getting the Yamaha monitors and I gave her the bus pass she gave me her keys and I walked the rest of the way home. I thought about going into Bo didley‘s across the street for a beer but I realized I didn‘t have any card/cash on me.

When I got in I had a shower and cleaned up and felt a lot better getting that sweat off me.

That actually sounds like a good idea after I get the monitors and a shower I‘m going to head over to get a beer across the street and watch the football game or parts of it. Sounds like a fun time. That way I can meet with the guys tomorrow at BP‘s and watch some football on the big screen TV‘s and head home. I still will have enough to take Anne out to the movies Sunday, nice. Anyway, that's all from me for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment