Saturday, July 6, 2013

Having a nice weeeknd so far

and it's +16* out there making it nice for sleeping.

Mostly today I've been doing music production research. My Reallpc guitar vst plugin when using Guitar Rig for instance crashes as soon as I launch the program (GR). Reallpc works ok in stand-a-lone, which is kind of lame. It even works ok in my DAW but as soon as I open up an amp simulator lake GR I get heavy cpu spikes and crash! It's disappointing. I'm not about to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on a new PC. I heard about IK media's guitar rig and guitar rig midi for the iPad. I can use the vst guitars in Sample Tank through a third party iPad program called Audio bus. In a YouTube video about iRig midi I asked if I can plug iRig into my laptop and get the signal chain out of Reallpc through iRig midi into my iPad and use Amplitube and the Reallpc signal chain in iPad. IRig midi is about a $60 program so if I go down to LM after work this week and pick it up, it's not going to break me if it doesn't work and I might go get this next weekend. Just some of the fun stuff I'm working on.

Tomorrow is the Esks/Hamilton game so I'll be following that a bit. This is the first road game for Edmonton in this years CFL campaign. 

Still on a sports theme, the Oiler's cut lose Sean Horcoff and Nikolai Khabibulin this week. Khabibulin didn't do a damn thing for the Oiler's except cost the Oiler's more money. Horcoff's shelf life as a hockey player and as an Oiler were on the verge of expiring anyway. We got a new coach and got rid of some excess baggage and saved some cap room. We just need a couple of big power forwards and out of Rexall place but out of the Rex won't happen for about another 3 years. But at least a new arena and a funding model is in the works. Things are looking good for the Oiler's

I'm still trying to find a way to get my Twitter feed on my Facebook (FB) site. I don't have a fan page up yet because I have no music up and I think you can only get a Twitter feed up and running only on a fan/business page. There's a lot of info about this but it's obsolete since FB has changed everything lately. I have my Twitter feed on this blog but not on my website. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment