Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's been a pretty good day

today.

I got into the office ready to tackle the day having on my mind how and where is this place I'm supposed to meet up with a couple of colleagues after work from the old place. The afternoon went along just fine. The desk in one of the offices was being moved out to the dumpster out back as the drawers were broken. It looked like a kind of desk I would have liked to use here at home but the top was about 4 feet wide. Way to big for my little office here. Also the desk was up for who ever wanted to cart it away but it was so short notice, also it would have to be disassembled and put back together here in my office. I called Anne for a chat on my break and worked out the rest of the day. 

After work I worked my way along 100th Ave passing by the old General apartment building. I don't think I've been down that way since 1981, over 31 years ago! The later afternoon Sun was warm my friends and I was sweating. I had no idea what the name of this place was PQ's or something. The place I stepped into about 5:30pm was 02's but it used to be called Black Sheep Ale House. No sign of my friends. I asked if anyone fit the description I got a nod indicating no. I waited around for awhile and decided to head West to the big shiny blue building, then Bistro 112 and a few places along that little "strip mall," then back to 02's or whatever it was called. I asked the guy at the bar if he had wi-fi and since I had my iPad with me he helped me log on. I left a couple of posts on FB where my friend says he visits it every night but when I left the place after a 10 minute wait I headed up Tim's and accessed their wi-fi to see if my friend updated his status but no such luck. I bought a bottle of diet cola and caught the train home.

I've got have a day of it tomorrow and then it's off to get a haircut and over to "Game on Sports" Londonderry to get a refund or another hat or something maybe shop in Army & Navy and get a bite to eat and have a beer I missed having this evening catch the #182 which drops me right off at my place. 

I've got a 10-6pm shift Saturday and home to watch the football game. A day of Sunday and back at it for the week. Anyway, that's about all from me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment