Monday, July 8, 2013

Yesterday I was on the Facebook page

called "I grew up in Coquitlam." I have a vague memory of a paper route job I had in the early 1960's around my place but my mom said it was too much for me to do and handle. I think it was either for "The Province" or "The Columbian" newspaper. I'm pretty sure it was The Province. My first real job was working at "Burger Chef." This was in 1970 and I was still going to Banting in 1970 but this was I recall a summer job and Burger Chef was on it's way out by this time. For the longest time I always thought it was on the corner of Austin Ave and Blue Mountain road. But on this Facebook group, in a conversation I had last night it was brought to my attention that Burger Chef was West of Blue Mountain but on Brunette Ave but Burger Chef was on Lougheed Highway just around the corner and West. In my conversation on FB it was actually on the site of where Canada Post is now. I recall how the manager/owner didn't like the way I left streaks on the windows. Flipping burgers was only have the job as clean up and prep was the other half. I had to clean up around the lot, made sure all the fixings for the burgers were in place before the counter ladies came in. I liked the job because I got to to eat for free and and all the cola I could drink. I think I also got 1 paycheck out of that place.

Not much going on this week until Friday. My hours change because on Friday I go in from 1-9, subject to change. I'm in Saturday morning for 4 hours as well but I think on Thursday I might just go in from 9-1 because of Friday and I have a reunion with the gang at at my last job, so I want to go in for a few hours Saturday. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment