Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Internet has been so slow lately

as it's been difficult to cycle between pages or even to open a web page. Nothing worse then as slow internet connection.

I had a great night at home trying to build the pc I'm looking for.It's about the cost of a 27" iMac but I get 32Gb Ram and a i7 Quad core on a Gene VI mATX mb and a 512 SSD with a 3TB hard drive etc. It's a pretty good build but I probably wont be able to get it until about next Spring. If I still have the same job that is.

This was on the national news earlier about silver bars on a ship sunk by the Nazi's in WW2  An astounding $36 million in silver has been hauled from a WW2 wreck Here's the link to the i09 story...         

Google has recently announced a interesting bit of tech to come out: Chromecast. It's a web TV dongle the size of a pen drive that fits in the HDMI slot of a flat screen TV. I caught a bit of this last night on Coast to Coast George was talking about it. Its a way to have YouTube and other content stream right into any TV. This is huge. The dongle is apparently going to cost about $35. It means web pages can now be streamed to any TV via wifi including ios devices. According to Yahoo news six billion hours of video are watched every month on YouTube. Google must be the biggest television company in history, at least in terms of eyeball hours. Google has been showing off prototype browsers and apps built for TVs for years at tech shows - but has never quite got the hardware right. It's an old concept but it looks like this time, they got it right. When this will be available, I have no idea, here's the Yahoo article....

Baseball barely makes a blip on my radar screen but I'm a bit interested in our local baseball team The Edmonton Prospects. They lose more then they win but the tickets are priced right and it looks like a great way to spend a Summer afternoon at Telus field supporting the local teams

Speaking of which the Esks are in Montreal at a 5:30pm start and I'm going to miss the 1st quarter. Hopefully I can make most of the 2nd quarter but that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment